Case Study: Cultural Competence | Assignment Essays
Essay about cultural competence | …
Unfortunately, most of the health care providers in this country are faced with massive obstacles that often arise as a result of cultural misunderstanding as well as miscommunication with the diverse patient populations whose backgrounds, languages, and experiences contrast with those of the healthcare providers.
Cultural Competence - Term Paper
In the United States, cultural competence is an important aspect in the provision of care to the Hispanic population, especially given the fact that they make up the underprivileged class of the contemporary American society.
A favorite essay tip from a college application veteran
By providing examples of different cases within the clinical practice, the authors offer guidance on how to use cultural sensitivity in dealing with various cases that a health provider may encounter in their day-to-day healthcare settings.
Reader Response Criticism: An Essay – Literary Theory …
Objectives: (What you wish to accomplish/learn from this study)
1. Define cultural competence.
2. Identify concerns related to racial and ethnic disparities in health.
3. Verify the need for health care professionals and systems to accommodate increasingly diverse patient populations.
4. Synthesize concepts and practices of culturally competence healthcare.
5. Analyze research that relates to the concepts of culturally competent care: disparities, access, and quality.
6. Examine policies and laws related to culturally and linguistically appropriate services. 7. Self-assess cultural competence as a health care provider.
Center for Global Education | Asia Society
According to them, the incorporation of open-ended questions and engaging in active listening with one’s patients are essential in promoting cultural competence in healthcare.